• 2 packets of Chen’s Dim Sum at Home – either prawn hargow, steam selection or shitake mushroom 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated or julienned
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1/8 cup shaosing rice cooking wine or pale dry sherry
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 2 carrots, thinly sliced – about 1 cup
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 2 bunches of baby bok choi or baby spinach (or 1 cup of each)
• Chopped coriander, for garnish
• Chopped chilli, for garnish
Prepare the dumplings as per the packet directions.
Meanwhile, put the stock, ginger, soy sauce, wine or sherry, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and salt in a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
Add the carrots and simmer for a further five minutes, then add the spring onions and bok choi or spinach and simmer for another minute.
Add four cooked dumplings to six bowls then top with soup and garnish with coriander and chopped chilli and serve immediately.